Hey guys!! I’m really far behind on this make challenge!! (Sorry) so I’m hoping to catch up today!! So here is day Nine of my thirty-day make challenge, it’s in a bit of a muddle, as I missed it!! But here it is!! Today’s craft was to make a tree of wishes.
I think we can all agree becoming an adult has its advantages but to be honest, it kinda sucks too. Here’s a few things I wish I had known when I was a wee bit younger.
1) Free travel, make the most of it kiddo as once you’re an adult you can kiss that free travel goodbye… student discount?? Ha, not much of a discount. So quit walking everywhere and get the bus and MAKE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR TRAVELS as you’ll never get this opportunity again.
2) Worry less, you thought you had problems then… welcome to adulthood, I’d like to introduce you to the Tax Man, who takes a large chunk out of your wages (which I’ll have you know are shit anyway) after that you pay your rent, bills, direct debits as well as making sure you’re getting food in for the month. REPEAT AFTER ME, YOU CANNOT SURVIVE ON SUPER NOODLES FOR AN ENTIRE MONTH, even if you thought it was a good idea at the time…It’s just gross.
3) Save yourself the trouble and get a job that you actually like, don’t just go for anything because your money orientated. Yeah, it may take a bit longer looking for something you like but I can promise you now, it will be worth it in the long run. If you go for the first job that will have you, without exploring your options, you may end up hating it… just don’t do it, please.
4) Packed lunches shouldn’t stop at primary school. Food is expensive, save your pennies and opt for pack lunch, it’s the smarter choice, you’ll see the benefits when you have more money in your pocket.
5) The best things in life are free, this is 100% true. So get creative, you don’t need to spend money in order to have a good time, go for a picnic, organise a scavenger hunt, go for a walk/bike ride, visit a museum, get creative and use your imagination, there are tons of things to do which are free.
6) No one can make you happy apart from yourself, always remember that.
7) Don’t wish your time away!! Life is short so enjoy it whilst you have it and don’t take the little things for granted.
8) It’s ok to fail, it means that you are learning and shows that you’re trying. There’s no need to be so hard on yourself. You should also remember that there is more than one route to get to where you want to go and the possibilities are endless, don’t limit yourself.
9) Be your own cheerleader, I say this all the time (now) because I don’t believe people are praised enough and I don’t think people give themselves or others enough credit. I’m not saying blow your own trumpet 24/7 (you’d look a bit arrogant) but do take the time to acknowledge that you’re pretty awesome.
10) And finally, set your own standards. What you put up with, is what you end up with and you know what? You’re all worth a lot more than you think you are so its time we set our own standards. What do you say?
I would have continued this list but decided to cap it at ten, I think tens enough, don’t you? If there is anything you feel I’ve missed off of my list, post it below, I’d love to hear it. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
Today’s make challenge was to make a city, I decided to make a city lantern. I found an empty jar and some fairy lights which I shoved inside the jar. I made the city scene using paper and cut it out and then wrapped it around the jar. I coloured in the windows using bright sharpies.
What did you guys create? What did you think of todays challenge??
Thanks for reading and I’ll see you tomorrow with my next challenge.
Good afternoon!! So today’s challenge was to make an insect… for my creation I used card, googly eyes, fuzzy pipe cleaners and cello tape (glue and fuzzy pipe cleaners didn’t go down to well). So here are my bugs!!
What did you guys make??
Thanks for reading!! I’ll see you tomorrow with my next challenge!!
Morning all! Today’s challenge was to make a puppet!! With not a lot hanging around the house (as my dads just emptied the recycling bin) I opted for the easiest option that I had!! So here is my finger puppet haha.
What do you guys think?? If anyone made any cool puppets, do let me know and post below so I can check them out!!
Thanks for reading and I’ll see you tomorrow for my next challenge!!
Welcome to day Two of my thirty-day make challenge. Today’s challenge was to make an instrument so using card and a lot of cello tape, I decided to make a Guitar. So here you are…
Did anyone else make the same?? Or did you go for something different?? How did yours turn out??
Thanks for reading and see you tomorrow for my next challenge!!